Smokin' Oak Wood-Fired Pizza
Join the Booming
Fast Casual Pizza Industry!
Over 93% of Americans eat pizza once a month and 13% eat it every single day. Fast casual dining is growing at double digits and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. By combining pizza with fast casual dining, Franchisees have a winning recipe for success with a Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza Franchise.
From our unique wood-fired oven and open-plan kitchen design to our industry-leading cost containment protocols and the way we “wow” our guests throughout the dining experience, we are confident you will find that Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza is different from any other franchise pizza concept!
Through our flagship location in Rochester, MN, Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza is one of the originators of the fast casual wood-fired pizza concept. We have spent years crafting our dough recipe and menu and have worked diligently to develop cutting-edge methods and efficiencies that revolutionized operational procedures.
Want to own your own Smokin' franchise?
Here's why you should consider a
Smokin' Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise:
We’re dedicated to being the best.
- We are dedicated to being the best wood-fired pizza franchise in the industry. Our philosophy is simple – utilize the best restaurant methodology and efficiencies, combine them with old world baking methods, utilize fresh, quality ingredients, and team with great Franchise Owners to provide our amazing wood-fired pizza to pizza lovers across the U.S.
We are an industry innovator.
- The Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza concept and franchise opportunity was developed based on our management team’s years of restaurant experience and through consistent innovation
- Unique restaurant branding, design and layout
- Industry leading operational efficiencies and cost-containment protocols
- Fresh menu options, artisanal ingredients and exciting tastes that fully meet the demands of today’s consumers
- Just as businesses such as Starbucks® and Chipotle® redefined the way consumers buy coffee and burritos, Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza is revolutionizing the pizza experience!
We offer a “smokin” franchise opportunity in a growing industry. The pizza industry generates $40 billion in annual sales.
- 93% of Americans eat pizza at least once a month
- 13% of Americans state they eat pizza daily
- The average American eats 23 pounds of pizza per year
- Pizza is the number one dinner selection in the U.S.
- Among families with children 18 years old and younger, 68% of their pizza consumption occasions include their children
- Children between 3 and 11 years old prefer pizza above all other lunch or dinner selections
The fast casual restaurant category continues to increase significantly year-over-year. Even more significantly, the fast casual pizza category stands at the pinnacle of the restaurant industry. Nation’s Restaurant News (NRN) hailed it as “the growth engine of the U.S. restaurant industry,” noting the segment has expanded 550% since 1999 and raked in $30 billion in sales in 2014. NRN forecasts continued growth “…in the double digits through 2022, while the rest of the restaurant industry is predicted to eke out half a percentage point.”
Our Experienced Management Team.
- Our management team is comprised of restaurant operators and business professionals with a combined 105 years of experience
- Our co-founder and President, Linda Black, is a master pizza maker who developed and perfected industry-leading operational protocols that encompass all aspects of front- and back-of-house operations. She is passionate about improving the business operation each and every day, and it shows in the quality of our food, the dedication of our employees and the high percentage of repeat business
- In addition to being industry leaders in restaurant operations, our seasoned management team has significant experience in the areas of human resources, employee and management development and training, product development, branding, advertising and marketing, and financial services.
We are committed to our Franchise Owners’ success.
Simply put, when our Franchisees succeed, we do as well. As part of our Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza family, you receive comprehensive assistance and the full benefit of our management team’s extensive restaurant experience. Key features and benefits of our franchise opportunity include:
- Single-Unit and Area Developer franchise opportunities;
- Two weeks of comprehensive Initial Franchise Training at our flagship location in Rochester, MN;
- Up to 10 days of additional on-site training and support at your franchise location shortly before opening and during the first days of operation;
- Internet-based back office support system to assist you with the management of your Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza Franchise Business;
- Site selection assistance and construction advisement;
- We are on the Approved Registry with the Small Business Administration, which helps streamline the SBA loan process;
- Lease negotiation assistance;
- Employee hiring and training;
- Approved sources of supply and assistance in establishing relationships with local vendors;
- Advertising and marketing programs;
- Social media campaigns;
- Ongoing operational assistance and advisement in all aspects of the Franchise Business; and
- Much more!
Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza is on the Approved Registry with the Small Business Administration.
You can read more about our Franchise process and have many of your questions answered in the section below. When you’re ready to take the next step, simply complete our Initial Inquiry Form.
A Step By Step Guide Through The Franchise Process
Want to become your own boss and own a smokin' franchise?
Frequently Asked Questions
Franchising is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission and in certain cases, individual states. Franchise companies are required to comply with both federal and state franchise laws and regulations when offering and granting franchises. You will find that franchise companies often follow similar paths in introducing prospective franchisees to the franchise opportunity. For example, all franchise companies are required to provide their Franchise Disclosure Document to a prospective franchisee at least fourteen days prior to signing the Franchise Agreement or paying any money to the franchisor or its affiliates. The Disclosure Document includes the Franchise Disclosure Document (“FDD”), Franchise Agreement and additional Exhibits (such as the company’s financial statements and the Operations & Policies Manual Table of Contents). The FDD is written in “plain English” and provides important information about the franchise company and various terms and provisions contained in the franchise agreement. You will learn a great deal about our company and the franchise relationship through your review of the FDD.
We do not require any specific background or work experience to be considered for a franchise. We are confident in our ability to train Franchisees to successfully duplicate our system, so we are seeking individuals who possess good business acumen and are committed to following our proven system of operation. Of course, Franchisees must also possess the minimum financial qualifications necessary to fund the opening of their franchise, which includes a minimum credit score of 680 and $150,000 of liquid capital.
Yes, provided your partner owns at least 50% of your Franchise Business.
We offer an “Area Developer Program” for Franchisees who are qualified to open multiple franchise locations. Area Developers receive an exclusive area in which they are permitted to open additional locations over an agreed time period.
Yes, provided your General Manager successfully completes our initial training program.
The total investment ranges from $388,000 to $687,300. The investment varies based on factors specific to each location, including the size of the location, leasehold improvement costs, lease rates and other similar expenses. Please contact us if you would like to receive a detailed outline of the estimated initial investment.
We do not offer in-house financing; however, we can provide a list of potential lenders for you to contact to determine your qualification to obtain financing.
We conduct Initial Franchise Training for Franchise Owners and Managers at our flagship location in Rochester, MN. Initial Franchise Training is a comprehensive two-week program covering all material aspects of the Franchise Business. We also provide up to 10 days of on-site training and support at your franchise location shortly before opening and during the first few days of operation.
We estimate that the time required to open your franchise following the signing of the Franchise Agreement is 6 to 9 months. This includes the time required to select a site, negotiate the lease, complete leasehold improvements, complete our initial Franchise Training, and hire and train your staff.
The Federal Trade Commission’s Franchise Rule permits franchise companies to make “financial performance representations” (FPRs) in Item 19 of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). Although many franchise companies choose not to make FPRs, we believe it is extremely important to do so since it helps prospective Franchisees understand the financial aspects of our business. In Item 19 of our FDD, we provide an FPR that is based on our flagship location in Rochester, MN. The information will assist you and your financial advisor in preparing a financial pro forma for your Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise.
We provide Franchisees advertising and marketing programs and establish social media campaigns that will help drive guests to your Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise. During your Initial Franchise Training, our marketing team will begin advising you concerning Grand Opening and ongoing advertising and marketing programs that you will conduct in your Territory.
Strip mall end caps and free standing buildings that offer high visibility and traffic counts are ideal locations for your Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise. The size of the space should range from 1,800-2,200 square feet, although larger spaces will also be considered. We also highly recommend identifying potential locations that include patio space for outdoor dining.
To ensure you select the right location for your Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise, we review site information and complete demographic research to confirm the proposed location meets our criteria.
We provide Franchisees sample layouts and a floor plan for the construction of a Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise. Franchisees are also supported by our Corporate Architect who designs the concept layout for your Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza franchise. We also consult with you throughout the design and construction process to ensure your franchise is constructed on time and on budget.
Each Franchise Territory includes a minimum population of 50,000 individuals and is typically defined by zip codes.
Definitely! We believe visiting with us for a “Franchise Discovery Day” is a vital step in evaluating Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza and our franchise opportunity. A personal visit enables you to meet our team and experience Smokin’ Oak Wood-Fired Pizza first-hand. Of course, sampling our pizzas and other menu items is also an important part of your visit! A typical Discovery Day lasts about 6 hours so we recommend allocating a full day when you visit.
We provide a copy of our Franchise Disclosure Document to you during your Discovery Day visit. Or, if you would like to receive a copy of our Franchise Disclosure Document in advance of your visit, we will ask you to complete our FDD Request Form, which enables you to select whether you would like to receive a hard copy or PDF file of the document.